A Better Understanding
At Neurohealth our chiropractors have undergone further studies into providing safe and gentle care for infants and children. These studies include extending their knowledge of rehabilitation and nutrition and the role of supplements can have in benefiting the body. Much of our adult postural patterning, sporting coordination, neurological and organ development occurs during the first 10 years of our life. Therefore nourishing the child in a emotional, nutritional and physical way is important to helping them get a great start in life.
Our Chiropractors are experts in analysing and assisting any such issues that may be affecting your child using very gentle and safe techniques. We take the health of your child very seriously and as such we only use state of the art, non-invasive natural and effective techniques that both you and your child are comfortable with.
How we care for infants and children:
- The first thing we do is take a thorough health and medical (neurological and orthopaedic) history to determine if your child may be helped with our care. If necessary we will refer your child to a more appropriate professional.
- We then assess your child for any potential concerns with specific yet gentle tests focusing on things like primitive reflexes, posture, cranial anatomy etc. Some of our testing is medical based and some is kinesiological and we often do this while your child gives you a hug on the table!
- We then give you a full report of our findings and if you are happy with our recommendations we begin care.
- We aim to make sure that your child can function at their genetic potential, making sure they have a sound foundation to build a healthy and happy life!
Common childhood conditions that may be improved under our care:
- Cranial and postural abnormalities (through exercise and postural rehabilitation)
- Sporting ability and performance (through sport specific exercises and rehabilitation)
- Digestive concerns and nutritional absorption (through nutritional advice and supplementation)
- Extremity problems (shoulder, knee, ankle etc)
For More Information
For further information, please call 02 9905 9099 or reach out to us via the Contact us page.