With the ever increasing demands that children are having put on them today to achieve and excel at sports and at academics, children’s bodies are struggling to cope. Their bodies are showing signs of stress and tension in the muscles from such exertion of activities.
It is worrying that there are so many children out there suffering from stress, when there can be something as simple as massage which will benefit them immensely. I’m not saying it’s a cure but as adults we know the benefits. So why not extend those benefits to your children?
Benefits of Massage
Here are some examples of the many benefits of massage for children:
- Reduces a child’s feelings of anxiety, by boosting levels of serotonin. It also lowers the stress hormone levels in their bodies, such as cortisol, which in turn enhances their immune system.
- Caring touch stimulates the body in positive ways to help grow and develop
- Stimulates cognitive development, increases alertness as well as speed and accuracy
- Stimulates motor development, eases tension and pain in muscle development and is recommended for children with Down syndrome or Autism
- Aids the bodies defense system infighting toxins, parasites, bacteria, microbes, pathogens and viruses
- Helps children sleep better by balancing their sleep hormones
- Effective for children suffering from diabetes or asthma. Stimulation of the Vagal nerve aids in pulmonary (lung) function and increases blood and lymph circulation.
- Massage can lower production of the neurotransmitter substance P, often linked to pain thus can be beneficial for any arthritic conditions.
- Great for premature babies and weight gain, cuddling and massage releases the growth hormone in a premature infant that helps gain weight and aids development of vital organs and the brain
- Helpful for toning muscles in children
- Children prone to bulimia find their depression and anxiety decreases and contributes to counteracting the disease
- Helps parents connect better with their children and builds trust
- Creates connection to the body and awareness of it
- Helps a child learn to be more present in the moment.
Our wonderful therapist Ana will be happy to assist your child reach optimal health and well-being with massage therapy.
For More Information
For further information, please call 02 9905 9099 or reach out to us via the Contact us page.